Training Program>Financial Information>Financial Aid>Travel Scholarship
Training Program in Affect Regulation, Attachment, and Trauma
Travel Scholarship (25%)
The Travel Scholarship is a partial tuition award available to Level I and II participants who have no option but to incur exorbitant travel and lodging expenses in order to attend the nearest SPI Training.
The Travel Scholarship serves to provide Level I and II participants, who would otherwise be unable to afford the cost of tuition due to travel and lodging expenses, with a more financially viable way to attend the nearest SPI Training.
Qualified candidates who successfully complete the Travel Scholarship Application and the application to attend (and are accepted) are eligible to receive an award equal to 25% of total tuition for a Level I or Level II Training. Scholarship is awarded as a discount off total tuition.
Eligible candidates must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements for each scheduled Training module:
- Proven need to incur lodging expenses
- Proven need to incur air travel expenses
- Can only be combined with early application discount
- Cannot be combined with discount incentives or scholarships (candidate may secure an interest-free payment plan)
- Funds are limited per Training
- SPI reserves the right to determine which candidates are eligible to receive scholarship funds
- If allotted funds are exhausted for any particular Training, no additional funds can be made available
- Scholarship award does not negate the requirement to submit a minimum tuition deposit by the 30 day deadline, nor does it negate any application fees, payment plan fees, nor any other deadlines or restrictions that may apply
- Scholarship application will be reviewed ONLY after all requisite documents have been submitted to SPI Student Services by candidate
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
It is the candidate's sole responsibility to request a scholarship. All requests must be made prior to the scheduled start date indicated for the course on the SPI website and cannot be applied retroactively (after the course begins).
How to Apply
Candidates for the Travel Scholarship must complete an official application in order to be considered and submit it, along with the following requisite documents constituting proof of eligibility to email@example.com:
- Proof of residence address
- Copy of current photo identification
- Copy of recent utility bill identifying name and physical address
Follow these steps to apply:
- Right-click (windows), control-click (Mac), or long-tap (mobile) on the following link: https://www.sensorimotorpsychotherapy.org/Travel_Scholarship_Application.pdf. Choose "save link as" or "save as" from the menu to save the pdf file to your computer/device.
- Open the pdf file from the folder on your computer/device in which it was saved. Complete the form, filling in all required fields.
Once form is completed, save it and attach it in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the requisite documents constituting proof of eligibility.
- NOTE: Do not open the file from within your web browser, it will not save properly. Only open the file from the folder it was saved in.
Scholarship applications must be received in full no less than 30 days prior to the start of the Training. Late or incomplete applications are subject to rejection.
Scholarship recipients must keep their accounts in good standing by staying up to date on tuition deposits, any associated fees, and payment plans (if applicable) to maintain award. Non-adherence to a payment plan or missed/incomplete payments may result in loss of award and candidate may be assessed additional fees.
In the event a scholarship recipient withdrawals from a Training, recipient must submit written notice to The Office of Financial Aid in a timely fashion prior to the next scheduled Training module. Delays in submitting notice of withdrawal may result in a reduced refund, if any refund might be due (see Refund Policy). Withdrawal from Training will result in proration of the scholarship award and the Refund Policy will apply.
The Office of Financial Aid manages all aspects of the Travel Scholarship.